Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What Do New Jersey and Hawaii Have in Common?


The SX70 population of each State just went up by 1! Just finished these up in the last few days along with the latest and greatest custom yet... the Ivory SLR680. I was searching for a theme for this one... Hoth Edition, Disney's Frozen (let it go), maybe an Xmas theme? But in the end it looked like it just needed a purist's approach and I would simply call it Ivory. There. I did it. By the way, this camera will be for sale soon. :)

Short and sweet tonight. The days are getting shorter and I'm about due for a break but lately I've been doing a TON of research on what really makes the SX70 tick - the electronics and circuitry and ways to repair them using modern day resources. I really don't know what I've gotten myself into with this but I'm determined to find ways to eliminate the "this camera is beyond repair... best thing to do is find a new one" mentality. There is a threshold as to what can be saved and what is best used as a donor, but I still stick to my original concept for this beautiful Polaroid revival I've found myself in... Every Polaroid camera deserves a second chance to work again. Shop's closed!

New Jersey (left) and Honolulu (right)



And finally, the Ivory SLR680. I really like how this turned out. Reallyreallyreally like it!!! It's a bit difficult to figure out what parts can be painted due to changing tolerances when primer/paint/matte is added but visually it works. Still some tweaks needed but this is going to be offered for sale next week on the blog. 


                              



No comments:

Post a Comment