Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Edwin Land - Where the Heck Have I Been?!?!?!


Happy New Year Everybody! And we’re already 4 months into it… way to keep up with things, Matt. For those who have returned to the site to check for updates it’s evident that I haven’t really been keeping up with posts as I have done in the past. I have a million excuses but a few reasons so I’ll share those instead. I have been swamped with my day job and newly developing projects. The company I work for is going through major changes and has required a bit more attention than ever. I work 8-5 and travel every other weekend so time dedicated to the shop is limited. So many repairs have been coming in that I’ve had to estimate a 2-3 week turnaround just to be safe. Needless to say I’m trying to balance shop time, work time, and life and in order to do so I’ve reduced my time in the shop by a few hours a week. I haven’t lost my passion for Polaroid cameras though and I still see it as a wonderful hobby. I’m still collecting and taking shots in between repairs. In fact, today is Edwin Land’s 105th birthday!!! Happy Birthday Doc! Woooo! So please, keep checking the blog and I’ll have some goodies to post very soon including some repairs that have been done over the last few months and plans for new customs coming up!

I have to point out that I missed a few emails in the last month. I tried to link my blogger emails to my work email and everything just got automatically dumped so I greatly apologize to those who had to wait a week for a response. I have the bug ironed out now and all is good.

So in the meantime… here’s a pic (lousy phone pic) of a Sonar I just finished up last night. They’re a bugger to clean up but they look very handsome when finished. Also one of my favorite pics of Dr. Land. Stay tuned for more updates. Shop’s closed!



No comments:

Post a Comment