Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Catching Up - Tattoo, Red Sonja, and The King

Spring came! It's been really nice out and I've been working with the patio open catching some breeeze and sneezing like some kind of maniac. In fact I've got Benadryl on board at the moment. Nonetheless the shop has been busy with repairs and organizing parts and getting some cameras lined up to sell. The repairs have been taking up most of the time which is nice because it's steady. But after these I'm ready for a new wave of Ebay and Etsy sales. I need to move some of these cameras out of the shop before I drown!

I just finished up with the most extensive repair on a camera I've done yet. This one's called Tattoo, named after the sweet tone on tone amazing custom paint job Dubbs did on the skins. I had this sucker stripped down to the bare nothingness because of a sticking fresnel carrier. It also got new viewfinder slats, a new motor, and an entirely new shutter assembly. The old shutter was sticky. Whoooo!  Onto finishing cleaning and reskinning 3 more.

I sold "Ol Blue" this week. You might remember it was a custom blue faceplate and viewfinder hood. I kinda miss having him around... Anyway, I had the right parts on the table and figured I might as well take time to finish up "Red Sonja". I really like how this turned out as the paint dried very evenly (took almost 2 weeks to cure!) and it works like brand new! She'll be up on Ebay sometime next week.

So that's about it... like I mentioned, I have 3 more cameras to finish for a customer and then it's time to get busy listing. Shop's closed! :)

Tattoo in all it's glory. Dubbs did an amazing job and the new buffer I used got the plating nice and shiny!




























Here's Red Sonja - sale name "Alpha Red". *sigh* I realy like how this turned out!!!



























Here's a quick glance at some faceplates... notice the gold one... guess what's coming up next!!!


























And finally, the King looking over the shelf. The 690 (far left) came to me DOA as somewhere in time someone spilled a Coke on the camera and gunked it all up. I'm happy to say that after some rigorous cleaning and a few solder touch ups he works like new again.


No comments:

Post a Comment