Thursday, May 16, 2013

Nightwing and Current Sales

I received a camera in need today from a customer all the way out in Denver, CO. This SLR680's name is Nightwing, an early generation SLR680 SE. I am sooo glad that I'm not the only one that names my cameras. Sooo glad. :) So anyway, Nightwing needed a new gear train cover and a few new gears. The old ones were beat up and the recock ram switch that signals the camera to brake (stop after a cycle) was busted up. So I picked an old Sonar geartrain from the graveyard and BLAM-O! Works like a charm. A few other adjustments to the viewfinder mirror and support arm and the whole camera gets cleaned and skinned. Dubbs even worked her painting magic and refaced the lettering on the camera nameplate. What can I say... the girl's got skills with a brush! So below you'll see some pics of this evening's repair and I sincerely hope Nightwing's owner is very happy with the results. I also wanted to point out that there are 3 new cameras on Ebay including a MINT SLR690, yes this thing is gorgeous. I would love to keep it but I need to start clearing out cameras at a faster rate. They're starting to take over!

2nd Shot SX70 Ebay Sales

Shop's closed! Here's some yummy pics!

Here's a quick overview of Nightwing's refurb including the new gear train cover, progress pics, Dubbs doing what she does best, and a before and after shot (and a few shameless plugs).
































Here's the current lineup up 680/690s including The King... had to put him aside for a while and concentrate on other cameras. Quite the head-scratcher.





No comments:

Post a Comment