Friday, April 5, 2013

Feedback is Always Welcome

Ahhh... vacation. It's been a slower week. I FINALLY got my last of the Model 3s I've been trying to finish. One had quite a fungus-y inner lens and I had no replacement shutter assembly. And the second arrived in very rough shape. So lucky me, the most recent 2 arrived in stellar shape and I'll be doing a black and tan combo... one of my favorite drinks. I did however learn how to do a fresnel carrier swap earlier this week. Tricky but easier than I thought and one more repair I can check on my "look what I can do" list.

So next week it's back to business as usual. A fantastic customer is sending me some new "patients" as I like to call them. AND... there's been some exciting research being done in the shop... something that involves retrofitting brand spankin new motors. Nuff said. :)

And speaking of customers, we've been receiveing some wonderful feedback about 2nd Shot cameras. As I mentioned before, we want each and every customer we deal with to be 100% satisfied with their purchase. OK, maybe 150%. This means not only do they have a camera that works and works properly, but it's shipped safely, packaged well, and arrives with great presentation (wow factor when opening the box is a MUST). Needless to say it's been an absolute pleasure to do business with folks that have a love for an almost forgotten media and wish to keep that love alive. Here's some recent feedback we've had that we'd like to share:

"I can't say enough how pleased I am with the purchase from 2nd shot SX70 Service. From the prompt communication to the way the camera was packed for shipping, they did an excellent job all around. Matt did a great job refurbishing this camera and included the box manual and strap. The camera arrived in excellent shape and performs perfectly. If you're looking for a Polaroid camera you've definitely found the right place."

"First SX-70 I've received that WORKS with great presentation, warranty, etc"

"The cameras you sent are brilliant as usual. Thanks again."

Now for some pics! Now an then I break out my old J66 conversion to take some old timey looking photos. I swapped out a packfilm back and attached it on a $5 J66 Dubbs got for me 2 years ago at an estate sale. The J66 is total ebay/garage/estate sale fodder. It's huge, clunky, smells like grandma's basement, fixed focus, basically a run of the mill instant camera of the early 60's. I LOVE THIS CAMERA!!!! Seriously, I get some of my most favorite shots from this on Fuji fp-3000b film. The contrast is to die for and I drool over the effects from bounce light. Anyway, here's some of the latest shots of the waiting room. All of these cameras are for repair or will be for sale shortly. We've been dealing with many custom orders as of late and those, plus repairs, take priority.



No comments:

Post a Comment